Caterpillar C8.7 (650 mhp)
From € 63 550 (excl. VAT)
Rating E - 478 bkW - 650 mhp - 2300 rpm / Yacht setting.
The C8.7's sophisticated fuel delivery system allows the use of a radial, belt-driven supercharger in addition to the conventional turbocharger; this feature eliminates smoke and reduces lugging, while delivering phenomenal low-end torque and impressive fuel economy. . FPT (Fiat Powertrain Technologies) Industrial's advancements in second-generation common rail fuel injection systems paired with an innovative air management system allows the compact C8.7 to develop an impressive 650 mhp @ 2300 rpm while meeting EPA Tier 3 Commercial, EPA Tier 3 Recreational, IMO II, and EU Stage IIIA (EU IW) emissions standards.
• Electronic supercharger control provides high torque and acceleration accuracy at low revs, while being efficient at high revs.
• The closed circuit ventilation and gas recirculation system provides a better cleanliness of the engine room.
• Common rail injection, combined with ACERT CAT technology, provides optimal combustion and reduced emissions.
• Maintenance is facilitated thanks to the implantation of wear parts
• Block heater makes it easier to start in cold weather
• Compatible with Cat® displays and gplink monitoring systems
• 12V or 24V DC motor power supply system
• High performance setting, "E" service